Re: [News] More Information About the Intel/Microsoft Anti-Linux Corruptions

> Intel: doing the dirty on OLPC
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Intel's agreement with the OLPC Foundation included a 'non disparagement'
> | clause, under which Intel and One Laptop promised not to criticize each
> | other, according to Nicholas Negroponte in the latest article in the
> Wall
> | Street Journal.
> |
> | Still Intel tactics have violated that repeatedly to kill OLPC efforts
> in
> | Nigeria, Libya, Pakistan, India, China and Intel is also still trying to
> pull
> | those tactics in Mexico, Brazil.
> | This is simply disgracefull of Intel, scandalous.
> |
> | But Negroponte has signed an agreement saying that he is not allowed to
> | criticize Intel, so he is not allowed to talk about these shameless
> tactics
> | even though Intel is the one violating the agreement.
> |
> | So only independant voices on the Internet can get those messages of
> truth
> | out about Intels tactics.
> |
> | In Nigeria, Intel came and donated 3000 laptops to counter OLPC efforts,
> then
> | sells 17 thousand Classmates to Nigeria at a loss.
> |
> | Then Microsoft corrupted Nigerian officials with 400 thousand dollars to
> | install Windows XP on those instead of Mandriva Linux.
> `----
>
> http://www.p2pnet.net/story/14124
>
> Filthy monopoly abusers. OLPC is a brilliant project. It has exposed how
> vicious and corrupt some companies are, which hurts children in the
> developing
> world.

I think they ought to be applauded for their efforts. Intel donated
thousands of free laptops to Nigeria and is selling thousands more at below
cost. Intel is essentially making a charitable donation to help the
children. As is Microsoft who donated hundreds of thousands of dollars that
will also be used to help children in developing countries.

Why do linux users like you hate children and get angry when rich
corporations donate much needed money and computers to them?