[News] New Version of ELive Released, Firefox 3b Already Downloaded Heavily

  • Subject: [News] New Version of ELive Released, Firefox 3b Already Downloaded Heavily
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:49:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.0.2

,----[ Quote ]
| The big change is of course the switch to the greatly anticipated new version
| of Enlightenment 17. So users can now get themes/backgrounds/animated icons
| from get-e.org and other places.
| There are also other changes "under the hood"!
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/74

Mozilla plans 2 more Firefox 3 betas, ~500,000 copies of beta 1 downloaded to
date

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla Foundation reports that nearly 500,000 copies of Firefox 3 beta 1
| have been downloaded since its release last week and two more beta test
| versions will follow before its final release next year.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1723

Related:

First look at Elive 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I love Elive and version 1.0 is a wonderful first full release. Just about
| everything works and works well. The system and applications are stable and
| fast performing and Elive looks exceptionally beautiful doing it.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070709#feature

ELIVE 1.0 - ELIVE GEM

,----[ Quote ]
| Summarizing, Elive 1.0 Gem's strenght  is actually it's graphical/animative
| prowess. Since  Elive 1.0 aka Elive Gem is based on Debian Etch,  I am not
| surprised at all that it is a very stable Linux distro.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/148/1/

Enlighten your desktop with Elive

,----[ Quote ]
| Elive's been in development for several years now and in fact is so
| popular that its developer, Samuel "Thanatermesis" F. Baggen, works on
| it full time. In this month's article, Samuel explains his reasons for
| spinning Elive and how the distro has evolved over the years.
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/enlighten-your-desktop-with-elive

Elive - Are You Ready for a New Linux Experience?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elive-Are-You-Ready-For-a-New-Linux-Experience-58810.shtml