[News] New Portable Media Player Runs Linux, Has Wi-Fi

  • Subject: [News] New Portable Media Player Runs Linux, Has Wi-Fi
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 01:56:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux-based PMP targets Rhapsody

,----[ Quote ]
| Haier America is shipping a WiFi-enabled portable media player (PMP) based on
| Linux. The "Ibiza Rhapsody" has a 30GB hard drive, and is designed to work
| with the Rhapsody digital music service, AOL Video, and other digital content
| services.

AOL's new wi-fi enabled media player?

,----[ Quote ]
| Sure, you might not spend long nights writing new widgets and
| figuring out better things you can do with the built in Wi-fi but,
| someone will.. and when they're done, they'll probably release the
| source code. No word yet on how easy or hard software tinkering
| is on the device.
`----

http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/2007/01/11/aols-new-wi-fi-enabled-media-player/
http://tinyurl.com/y8tksu

Archos (Linux-based) 604 WiFi Ultimate Gallery: Why It's a Zune Challenger

,----[ Quote ]
| The Zune, which comes out next week, isn't the only WiFi media player
| out there, remember. The Archos 604 is here today, and I think the
| Archos might be better by some measures. Simply said, the
| 4.3-inch touchscreen is perfect, and extremely fingerprint
| resistant.
`----

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/archos-604-wifi-ultimate-gallery-why-its-a-zune-challenger-213637.php

Review: Archos Media Player Delivers