[News] Red Hat's and Oracle's Linux Fight for Wide Acceptance and Get Apps Certified

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat's and Oracle's Linux Fight for Wide Acceptance and Get Apps Certified
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 01:40:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Oracle Unbreakable Linux vs. Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Companies may sit on the sidelines a bit further before jumping on the Oracle
| bandwagon -- until we learn, without the Oracle hype, how good the company's
| customer support truly is.  As customer attitude changes from commercial
| support to open source, Red Hat and Oracle preparing for a fierce battle is
| understandable.
`----

http://www.dailytech.com/Oracle+Unbreakable+Linux+vs+Red+Hat/article9761.htm

BakBone Gets Certification of NetVault: Backup on Oracle Enterprise Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Increased customer demand for Linux is driving the adoption of Linux-based
| applications and databases, making the need for enterprise-class Linux data
| protection greater than ever.
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/853463/

OpenService’s InfoCenter™ Enterprise Information and Event Management Software
Achieves Red Hat Ready Certification

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenService joins Red Hat ISV Partner program to assure highest levels of
| reliability and security for InfoCenter suite on leading Linux platforms
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071126005586&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/38f47w

Related:

Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the
| credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth?
|
| Applications.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9791171-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Linux Will Displace Unix When It Comes To New Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month, Gartner analyst George Weiss predicted applications will no
| longer be developed to run on Unix.
|
| [...]
|
| Linux has its roots in Unix and is POSIX compliant, so converting a new
| application from one to the other will always be possible.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/10/last_month_gart.html

IBM Achieves Major "Linux on POWER" Milestone

,----[ Quote ]
| The number of tested, native applications available for the Linux on
| POWER platform has grown more than 200 percent in the last two years,
| marking it as a fast-developing new IT ecosystem.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061201/0190250.html

Run the Palm OS on your Nokia Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The Garnet VM Beta for Nokia Nseries was created by ACCESS, who is the
| company that bought PalmSource. You can now run virtually all your favorite
| Palm OS applications on the Nokia Internet Tablets and I can’t wait to try
| out a few of my favorite apps.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=683

30,000 Palm apps coming to Nokia webpads

Study: Developers Favor Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "Regardless of what kind of developer you are, you're still trying to
| make a living, and target the operating system that?s controlling the
| market."
|
| However, in the most recent survey, the developers' forecast of their
| target platform has changed. For the first time, these developers said
| that in the next 12 to 18 months they expect to be developing more Linux
| apps than Windows apps.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3645766

Is the World Ready for a Web-Based Desktop?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2182046,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616