Re: 386-vintage Windows Ad

____/ SomeBloke on Monday 26 November 2007 15:48 : \____

> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Worth watching.
>>
>> http://uk.gizmodo.com/2007/02/08/the_most_ridiculous_windows_vi.html
>
> Before I fell asleep I could have sworn that I saw a command line
> application! On WINDOWS!!! OMG! HeHe.
>
> I remember 386, a real mess it was too. I deleted it off my system and put
> GEM on. Now there was a real window manager!

I was about 7 or 8 when I got my first computer (386) and all I knew at the
time was that this "Mac thing" at the store (I recall this image quite
vividly) was more impressive. I saw this really nice screensaver on it and the
computer looked much better. That was the first time I saw a Mac.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
 21:05:02 up 27 days,  1:03,  5 users,  load average: 0.61, 1.27, 1.57