[News] OLPC Raises $2 Million a Day

OLPC: How do we gauge success? Will 490,000 units do?

,----[ Quote ]
| Simply put, the OLPC tale is still being written, but rest assured the
| success or failure debate will probably heat up.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=7135

Some Ideas for Marketing the OLPC

,----[ Quote ]
| The real one -- that your children can have a better life than you do. That
| they can leap over the boundaries that restrict you, by learning more than
| you know, even if the schools are underfunded and understaffed and
| technically backward, even if you have no money to spend on their education,
| and that after they learn they will show you, too. Is that not every parent's
| dream? That their child will succeed beyond what the parent ever did?
|
| That is a dream worth marketing. Because it's true.

OLPC rolls off the production line

,----[ Quote ]
| Here, for the first time, are pictures of the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)
| coming off the production line at the Quantas factory in China.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1862

Access Linux Platform (ALP) First Thoughts

,----[ Quote ]
| Like its rival being developed by Palm, Inc., ALP (Access Linux Platform) is
| a Linux-based operating system for smartphones capable of running Palm OS
| applications.
|
| Access Systems (formerly PalmSource) is in the process of trying to drum up
| interest among potential ALP licensees, and couple of people from the
| company -- Albert Chu and Brian Purdy -- gave me a demonstration.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13471

'$100 laptop' production begins

,----[ Quote ]

OLPC in developing countries  @MIT

,----[ Quote ]
| OLPC is testing solar cell panels for the roofs of schools.
`----

http://olpc.lo-res.org/2007/05/mit.html

OLPC developing new 'supercharger'

,----[ Quote ]
| The XO batteries do not work on normal laptops, which can sap up to 40 watts
| of power depending on usage, Jepsen said.
|
| The XO is also the first laptop that uses only alternative energy, Jepsen
| said. Low-cost solar panels are great as a power option where there is plenty
| of sunlight, Jepsen said. Energy is especially scare in developing nations,
| so the laptop will hopefully pass on energy preservation lessons, which could
| help preserve battery life in the XO, Jepsen said.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=558184569&rid=-50

Hey charger! OLPC gets power boost from Aussie coder

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=193757623&rid=-50