[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Too Risky to Add to Networks

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Too Risky to Add to Networks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 23:34:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Anthony Doesburg: 'Wait and see' approach to Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| But that doesn't mean everyone who's buying Vista is using it. In fact, XP
| and the even older Windows 2000 remain the operating systems of choice at
| most large organisations.
|
| The reason is conservatism within the IT departments of big outfits; a home
| user suffers inconvenience if a new operating system has a few teething
| problems but a business or government department could be knocked out of
| action if the changeover goes wrong.
`----

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10477799

Surveys show Vista struggling one year on

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39291043,00.htm

Related:

Georgia Tech - Software for Staff

,----[ Quote ]
| OIT and the Georgia Tech IT Community do not recommend the Microsoft Vista
| operating system for most users at this time. We advise that you work with
| your departmental technical support resources when considering a move to the
| Vista operating system.
`----

http://www.oit.gatech.edu/staff/software_distribution/overview.cfm

Users Demand Upgrade from Vista To XP

,----[ Quote ]
| Admittedly, I find myself amused with the latest Vista sales numbers, as they
| seem to forget how many of those same people are disgusted once they break
| the seal and want to take Vista back.
|
| I know a number of repair techs, most of them running smaller shops and all
| of them are reporting people asking for "their XP back."
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2685&Itemid=449

Vista sales slow despite record MS profit

,----[ Quote ]
| The sales rate of Microsoft's Windows Vista is gradually slowing down as the
| operating system reaches the one-year anniversary of its release to
| businesses, according to the company's latest financial results.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/10/26/vista.sales.rate.slowing/

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021838