[News] Most Wanted Laptop is a GNU/Linux Laptop

  • Subject: [News] Most Wanted Laptop is a GNU/Linux Laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:59:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Can You Guess America's Most Wanted Notebook This Christmas?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'll give you some clues. It's only got a seven-inch screen, four gigabytes
| of internal memory, and it runs on Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| Rated as the "most wanted Christmas gift among notebooks products" according
| to Amazon and CNET, the Asus Eee PC could quite possibly be more sought after
| than Guitar Hero III or the Nintendo Wii.
`----

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C13944/

Related:

Top-10 gift ideas for the Linux Gadget Geek

,----[ Quote ]
| Got a Linux Gadget Geek on your shopping list? You can't fail with a gift
| from this guide to the ten hottest Linux-powered devices gleaned from
| LinuxDevices.com's news throughout 2007. There's something for everyone, at
| prices from $150 to $1,000, organized from least to most expensive. Enjoy!

There's No System Like Linux for the Holidays

,----[ Quote ]
| Holiday shopping season is about to hit full swing, and personal computers
| already rank high on many people's wish lists. If you're going to give the
| gift of a new PC, should you consider giving one with Linux? If the receiver
| is a tech-savvy individual, it may be the perfect gift, and the growing
| availability of preloaded machines means setup headaches are easily avoided.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Theres-No-System-Like-Linux-for-the-Holidays-60397.html

Wal-Mart's $199 Linux PC Back In Stock

,----[ Quote ]