[News] KDE 4 Runs Inside a Box on Your Box...

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4 Runs Inside a Box on Your Box...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:47:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE 4 daily builds in a virtual machine

,----[ Quote ]
| SSJ created a virtual machine containing a KDE 4 build an equipped with
| scripts to update the machine on a daily rhythm. Equipped with that virtual
| machine everyone can now easily follow the development of KDE 4 without
| modifying a real system.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/11/23/kde-4-daily-builds-in-a-virtual-machine/

KDE 4 Plasmoid Fun

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, it is almost bedtime, but before I went, I wanted to show off my KDE 4
| desktop as it stands right now. Note, I do not use all of those plasmoids, I
| was just playing to see what all was working.
`----

http://blog.nixternal.com/2007.11.23/kde-4-plasmoid-fun/

Related:

Microsoft flip-flops on Vista virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| Software like Parallels Desktop for the Mac or Microsoft's own Virtual
| PC for Windows allow multiple operating systems to run simultaneously.
| When it announced licensing rules for Vista last year, Microsoft said
| that only Vista Business and Vista Ultimate could run as guest
| operating systems. The company said virtualization presents inherent
| security risks and that it hoped by limiting which versions of the OS
| could act as virtual machines, only sophisticated users and businesses
| would employ the tactic.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6191787.html

Microsoft Says No Windows Virtualization on Top of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2168183,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594