COLA Stats: Saturday the 24th of November, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 24th of November, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 07:43:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.26

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1249 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     386 1375692     6%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   70   65995    54%
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 66 1257114     5%
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            59   62364    22%
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   53  125185    38%
   6. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                       50   52641    52%
      flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee             50   65864    72%
   8. Ewik FUDenbusch                                   30   48884    72%
   9. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      29   29713    59%
  10. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist              28   36078    72%
  11. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                25   25681    31%
  12. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               24   29231    80%
  13. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        21   22714    59%
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         21    7261    16%
  15. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   19   42311    43%
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  19   14664    26%
  17. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               17   25633    65%
  18. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   16    8731    51%
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                              16   19546    52%
  20. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                           15   17540    65%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>               15   13539    76%
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       15   12935    57%
  23. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           14   18885    43%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          14   23697    83%
  25. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              13    8582    53%
  26. OK - MS Apologist and Liar                        12   22518    76%
  27. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    11    3565    60%
  28. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                             9   11375    75%
  29. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               8   11781    43%
  30. amicus_curious - Troll                             7    9177    53%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] [Rival] Windows Vista = XP with Less Applic       99  150380
   2. Impromptu Linux Machine Count                            62   63884
   3. Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista             50   66415
   4. Windows for Supercomputers needs less memory than        38   40356
   5. Current Unix Systems (for William Poaster)               36   33216
   6. [News] [Rival] Don't let .NET drive your car ... i       32   84377
   7. COLA Stats: Saturday the 17th of November, 2007.         31   45636
   8. Upgraded my kit                                          26   16570
   9. what this forum is really about ...                      25   37978
  10. If msft were to cease operations today...                18   18610
  11. [News] Analysts unhappy with Windows Vista               17   25007
  12. [News] Partial iTunes Altenative/Competitor Comes        15   20272
  13. Watch a Microsoft Paid-for Apologist in Action           13   12738
      [News] Wal-Mart is Restocking to Address GNU/Linux       13   21270
  15. [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Y       12   29323
  16. Channel 4 On demand                                      11   34112
      tim.Smith adnits to trolling Digg ..                     11    9612
  18. TV ad: give one, get one XO OLPC Linux laptop            10    5846
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Excel Dumped by Large Bri       10   14937
      Kid wants Windows -- and gets it                         10   14073
      [News] Sony PS3 Opens up More to Developers              10   26985
  22. Why so many patent suits nowadays, and why MS does        9   21022
      [News] Server Goes Off the Desktop, Prices to Fall        9   13130
      Apple Mail in Leopard with the same old error             9   15649
      [News] Family Goes All Linux                              9   12874
      this forum is not about Linux ..                          9    2840
      2007 The greatest Micoshaft Asstroturfing in Linux        9    5388
      The Cell in a PC?                                         9    5291
      [News] Screenshots and Review of the Linux Distrib        9   21031
  30. A question of Vista...                                    8    8412
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    126
   2. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           54
   3. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                            49
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  47
   5. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                      42
   6. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                36
   7. Ewik FUDenbusch                                                  31
   8. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        27
   9. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                               26
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     23
  11. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         22
  12. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                             20
  13. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          19
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              19
  15. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              18
  16. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 17
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      17
  18. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         16
  19. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             13
  20. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             12
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  12
  22. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       11
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                             11
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          11
  25. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                          10
  26. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    8
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                                        8
  28. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            7
      Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 7
      amicus_curious - Troll                                            7
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              39  56
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 13   3
   3. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 12  41
   4. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      11  58
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    11  52
   6. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                         10  77
      Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                          10  59
   8. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             8  12
      DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                   8  16
  10. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                          7  25
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                              7  37
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                6  55
      flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                         6  12
  14. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      5   9
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                           5  33
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                          5  63
  17. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    4  19
      Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             4  80
      owl <owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     4  80
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                          4  25
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   4  27
  22. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      3  21
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                               3  19
  24. tramp <notachance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           2  33
      [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                        2   3
      Tattoo Vampire <donzeigler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      2  67
      Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                       2  13
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                       2  14
  29. Peter Kai Jensen <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               1 100
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        1  11
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    137
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                75
   3. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           69
   4. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         68
   5. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      60
   6. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          58
   7. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        57
   8. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              56
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         56
  10. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       53
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              53
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  53
  13. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           51
      Jeremy Fisher <freya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                               51
  15. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 50
  16. ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                             47
  17. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             46
  18. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     41
  19. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  38
  20. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          35
  21. tramp <notachance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              33
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   33
  23. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              31
  24. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             23
  25. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                                5
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           482
   2. slrn                                                            265
   3. Thunderbird                                                     129
   4. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       108
   5. Pan                                                              97
   6. tin                                                              37
   7. 40tude_Dialog                                                    33
   8. G2/1.0                                                           24
   9. Gnus                                                             16
      Forte Agent                                                      16
  11. Microsoft Windows Mail                                            8
  12. Microsoft-Entourage                                               3
      Thoth                                                             3
  14. Microhard Lookout                                                 2
  15. COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      ProNews/2                                                         1
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 07:41:46 up 12 days,  4:35,  1 user,  load average: 5.57, 5.32, 5.03