[News] [Rival] Apple Pulls Another Vista (in a Bad Way)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Pulls Another Vista (in a Bad Way)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 07:35:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mac quarantine bug returns in Leopard

,----[ Quote ]
| The issue was fixed by Security Update 2006-001 for Mac OS X 10.4 ("Download
| Validation fails to warn about unsafe file types"), but somehow made its way
| back into the latest version of Apple's operating system.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15458/1054/

Same thing happened in Vista recently (bugs resurrected).

Recent:

Bugs we all know and "love" from XP..

,----[ Quote ]
| Am I the only one who screams "Hooray, there it is again!" when he realizes
| old bugs from Windows XP are back in Windows Vista?
`----

http://nafcom.blogspot.com/2007/10/bugs-we-all-know-and-love-from-xp.html

Old:

Microsoft reportedly delays release of RTM version of Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| ...additional bugs were found in the RTM build
| 5824 version, and together the bugs could paralyze an
| upgraded Vista-capable Windows XP OS, said the sources.
`----

http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20061025A9047.html

Leopard early adopters suffer for the rest of us

,----[ Quote ]
| Mac OS X 10.5.1 will likely arrive around Thanksgiving with fixes for most of
| the problems encountered by the brave early adopters.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9809571-37.html

Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'

,----[ Quote ]
| A significant number of Mac owners upgrading to Leopard on Friday reported
| that after installing the new operating system, their machines locked up,
| showing only an interminable -- and very Windows-like -- "blue screen of
| death."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=printArticleBasic&articleId=9044378

New iMacs plagued by interface freezing issues

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/03/new_imacs_plagued_by_interface_freezing_issues.html