[News] Ghana and the $100 Fedora Laptop

  • Subject: [News] Ghana and the $100 Fedora Laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 23:34:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
One "$100 Laptop" for Each Child in Ghana

,----[ Quote ]
| Mind you, the mission of OLPC for its “$100 Laptop” is to “stimulate local
| grassroots initiatives designed to enhance and sustain over time the
| effectiveness of laptops as learning tools for children living in
| lesser-developed countries. The “$100 Laptop,” we are told “can leapfrog
| decades of development—immediately transforming the content and quality
| of ... children's learning.”
`----

http://www.africanpath.com/p_blogEntry.cfm?blogEntryID=2684

Related:

Uruguay buys first $100 laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| The first official order for the so-called "$100 laptop" has been placed by
| the government of Uruguay.

$100 laptop program still eyes India

,----[ Quote ]
| The so-called $100 laptops for children may make it to India after all.
`----

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/10/25/100.laptop.india.ap/index.html

Danish school kid's verdict on the OLPC laptop: It's cool!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=541246057&rid=-50