[News] Argentinian Free Software People Unite in Conference

  • Subject: [News] Argentinian Free Software People Unite in Conference
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:22:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Source conference in Argentina draws a crowd

,----[ Quote ]
| Sponsored by international heavyweights as Red Hat and Intel alongside local
| outsourcing firms Globant and Tecso, the sixth yearly edition of the Linux
| and Open Source conference -once again perfectly organised by the Buenos
| Aires Linux Users Group, CaFeLUG was held at Argentina's capital.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/08/open-source-conference

Related:

Penguin migration in Patagonia streamed for all to see

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately, what looks like a small ISP contracted by the government to do
| the streaming, choose to use Windows Media for this chore, that means that
| things are not as easy as they could be for Linux and non-Microsoft users.
| Fortunately MPlayer 1.0 along with the MPlayer plug-in for Mozilla seem to
| handle MMS just fine. But depending on your Linux distro you might need to
| install those.

Quick Look at Urli OS 6.10 [from Argentinia]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/10978