[News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Hijacks' Newsvine

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Hijacks' Newsvine
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 04:28:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MSNBC Interactive News Acquires Newsvine

,----[ Quote ]
| MSNBC, which is jointly owned by Microsoft Corp. and NBC Universal, did not
| disclose financial terms of the deal late Sunday. NBC Universal is a joint
| venture of General Electric Co. and Vivendi SA.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071007/microsoft_newsvine.html?.v=1

Owning society (social sites). The goal is approached... Digg is a step closer
(incentives to drop Google for PR and user tracking purposes) and the same
goes for Facebook (links below).

Another major new acquisition:

SAP agrees to buy Business Objects for 4.8 bln euro

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071007/bs_nm/businessobjects_sap_dc

Related:

Report: Microsoft may buy Facebook stake

,----[ Quote ]
| Citing unnamed people familiar with the matter, The Wall Street Journal said
| Microsoft is holding preliminary discussions that could culminate in a $300
| million to $500 million investment in Facebook, a Palo Alto social-networking
| site founded just 3 1/2 years ago.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070924/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_facebook

Facebook subpoenaed over user safety

,----[ Quote ]
| A spokeswoman for Facebook, based in Palo Alto, California, said the company
| was aware of the subpoena and is preparing a statement.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070924/wr_nm/facebook_subpoenas_dc

Facebook teams with Amazon

,----[ Quote ]
| In a collaboration with Redmond-based Microsoft Inc.'s Popfly,
| Facebook users can create applications and add them to their
| profiles with no programming.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/070525/1468844.html?.v=1

Facebook: Buyout Frenzy Builds Around Rumored IPO

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070717/41269_id.html?.v=1