[News] Syllable Releases First Server, Based on Linux

  • Subject: [News] Syllable Releases First Server, Based on Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 20:42:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
First Syllicon!

,----[ Quote ]
| The first development release of Syllable Server is available! It provides a
| text mode Linux environment,
`----

http://web.syllable.org/news/20071006-100000.html

Related:

New Syllable Build System for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Syllable project has released a new package of Builder, the system that
| builds Syllable, its native applications, and ported applications. Builder
| can also be installed on Linux.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/18299/New-Syllable-Build-System-for-Linux/

Five Questions: Kristian 'Vanders' van der Vliet, Syllable

,----[ Quote ]
| Getting hardware support to a point that is even as good as Linux will take
| time.
|
| [...]
|
|  Kaj has been planning
| it for a long time and it's exciting that it's really happening now. We
| have already been noticing that it opens doors for us. On the other hand,
| it's just a side project to help Syllable Desktop out. Using the Linux
| kernel for Syllable Server gives us several things: stability, REBOL/Core,
| and ReiserFS 3.
`----

http://osnews.com/story.php/18218/Five-Questions-Kristian-Vanders-van-der-Vliet-Syllable/

Syllable Server Video Demonstration