[News] [Rival] Blogger Lists 6 Reasons to Hate Windows Vista

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Blogger Lists 6 Reasons to Hate Windows Vista
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:15:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Top 6 Hates with Windows Vista

,----[ Gist ]
| 1. User Account Control (UAC) - Usability is just shocking
|
| 2. Windows Live Update - Can you stop selecting everything?!
|
| 3. Windows Defender - Err… do you understand when I tell you don’t do
   | automatic updates
|
| 4. Windows Explorer - what happened to my ‘alt’ menu bar?!
|
| 5. Windows Explorer - No - this folder isn’t an MP3 / Media folder!
|
| 6. For 5.12 Gig - you’d better be good!
`----

http://blog.sherifmansour.com/?p=165

Related:

20 Reasons why Vista Sucks!

,----[ Quote ]
| Having been forced to use vista for almost 4 months now I can truly say it is
| so iddled with problems it may be another five years until it is actually
| ready for the masses.
`----

http://www.jawjab.com/20-reasons-why-vista-sucks/

10 Reasons Why Microsoft's Vista Has Missed It's Mark

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, Microsoft's Windows Vista will eventually run on most
| corporate desktops. But early sales in the consumer market have
| been softer than some analysts expected. For those of us who
| covered Windows 95's launch more than a decade ago, Windows
| Vista has been a yawn. These 10 questions--and their answers--reveal
| why Vista isn't the hit some pundits expected.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070320/30042_id.html?.v=1

Three Reasons Why Windows Vista Is Sinking Like A Rock

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. DRM problems and lack of anything even remotely demonstrating an
| understanding of how users want to use digital media.
|
| [...]
|
| 2. Limits on how Vista can be used under Virtualization and
| activation requirements are chasing away users.
|
| [...]
|
| 3. Lack of stable drivers for key features is scaring both gamers
| and power users away from Windows Vista.
`----

http://www.dailytechnobabble.com/2007/02/26/three-reasons-why-windows-vista-is-sinking-like-a-rock/

Top 10 Reasons to Choose Linux over Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| # DRM...
| # Security...
| # Beryl...
| # Ubuntu...
| # Google...
| # Firefox...
| # OpenOffice...
| # Software choice...
| # Cost...
| # Linux (no matter what flavour you get) is updated multiple times
|   per year with the latest and greatest.
`----

http://www.davidgrant.ca/top_10_reasons_to_choose_linux_over_vista

Ten reasons to use Linux

,----[ The gist ]
| 1) It's free.
| 2) It's stable.
| 3) It allows for more configuration and customization then any
| other operating system.
| 4) It doesn't get viruses or spyware.
| 5) It works on old and new computers alike.
| 6) You support the Open Source community by using Linux.
| 7) Many programs are free on Linux.
| 8) It is faster then other operating systems because many programs
| can be custom compiled for your PC.
| 9) It has a supportive user base.
| 10) Its logo.
`----

http://www.jubling.com/ten-reasons-to-use-linux.html

Five reasons to hate Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Not everyone loves the new operating system from Microsoft. Here
| are some reasons to have second thoughts about upgrading.
`----

http://reviews.cnet.com/4326-5_7-6558664.html?tag=nl.e729

Why Linux should be taken over Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. The price
|
| 2. Pick what suits you best
|
| 3. The Community
|
| 4. Hardware
|
| 5. Viruses
|
| 6. Regular Updates
|
| 7. Digital Rights Management
|
| 8. Genuine Advantage
|
| 9. Do you like being treated like a child?
|
| 10. Customisation
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/why_linux_should_be_taken_over_vista

10 Reasons Why I'm Not Buying Windows Vista (In No Particular Order)

,----[ Gist ]
| 1) End User License Agreement (EULA)
|
| 2) Too Many Versions To Choose From
|
| 3) Cost
|
| 4) Aero, Searching, and Sidebar Gadgets, etc. are Old News
|
| 5) Hardware Requirements
|
| 6) Security
|
| 7) Shorter Laptop Battery Lifetime
|
| 8) Closed Source
|
| 9) Useless Features
|
| 10) Digital Rights Management (DRM)
`----

http://www.bigbruin.com/contentintro.php?file=11513

4 Reasons Why Windows Vista Is Just Not Worth It

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. No new features or speed boost
| 2. The new interface just gets in the way
| 3. Security will still be a major problem
| 4. The alternatives are so much better
`----

http://www.dailytechnobabble.com/2006/11/09/4-reasons-why-windows-vista-is-just-not-worth-it/
http://tinyurl.com/ygymx8

Top 5 Reasons why you should NOT upgrade to Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.electrogeek.com/blog/2006/10/12/top-5-reasons-why-you-should-not-upgrade-to-windows-vista/
http://tinyurl.com/ymwsfu