[News] ATI Driver, RandR and X.Org Evolve Nicely

  • Subject: [News] ATI Driver, RandR and X.Org Evolve Nicely
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 18:42:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ATI Radeon 6.7.195 Driver Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The PowerPC build has also been fixed in this X.Org ATI driver release. Alex
| had mentioned in the 6.7.195 release announcement that the xf86-video-ati
| 6.8.0 driver will be released as soon as all of the sub drivers are ported to
| using pci-rework.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjEwMw

RandR 1.3 and other future X.Org development

,----[ Quote ]
| A month ago the X Developer Summit took place. Now notes about most of the
| talks are available and show where X development heads to. Among the
| information are a feature list for RandR 1.3, for the Intel driver and for
| X.Org 7.4/7.5.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/10/06/randr-13-and-other-future-xorg-development/

Related:

X.Org 7.4 To Get Multi-Pointer X Support

,----[ Quote ]
| X.Org 7.3 will be released later this month, and now Daniel Stone has updated
| the X.Org Wiki with a page for the X.Org 7.4 release. With the six month
| release cycle, X.Org 7.4 is planned for release in February of 2008. Some of
| the features so far on their planning page includes Multi-Pointer X which
| provides multiple cursor support...
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NTk4OA

Multi-touch support for MPX [in Linux]