Re: Dell Proves That Linux is Suitable for Desktops

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 05:51:12 -0700, Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas
wrote:

> John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
>>
>> Dell made a good faith effort to both:
>>
>> 1. Respond it's community
>> 2. Work with Linux and the OSS concepts 3. Offer a credible alternative
>> to pre-installed Windows.
>>
>> We all know that, but the interesting question is, did Dell's largesse
>> pay off?
>>
>> And did the "community" respond in kind by buying the product they said
>> they wanted so much?
>
>   Well I don't know about everybody else but the next laptop I get will
>   be a
> Dell, I can't stand this bloody Compaq I currently have.

... and here we go ... :-)

I don't really want to run Ubuntu, so I, more than likely, won't get a
Dell... unless I find out PCLOS runs as well as the Dell-installed
Ubuntu. OTOH... for a desktop, I'll probably go up to the Morocco Shrine
and get another white box and just install PCLOS.

--
Rick