Re: What if Mac OS X Was Built upon Linux?

____/ Bob Campbell on Saturday 06 October 2007 03:18 : \____

> In article <1191625170.393207.73330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  alan.yunick@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> On Oct 4, 3:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > If Mac OS had a Linux Kernel....
>> >
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>>
>> Simple answer:
>>
>> If OSX were built upon the Linux kernel, it wouldn't work correctly
>> and be a total flop.
>> Just like Linux is.................
>
> Yep.
>
> But, as long as we're making ridiculous assertions:  If Windows was
> built upon the OS X kernel, Linux wouldn't stand a chance!   If OS/2 was
> built upon the BeOS kernel, Mac OS 9 wouldn't stand a chance!   If Coke
> tasted more like Sprite, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale wouldn't stand a chance!
>
> One makes about as much sense as the others.
>
> Bob Campbell

It's Gary Stewart (flatfish) crossposting again for attention. Don't feed that
scum.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reclaim your workstation - install GNU/Linux today
Tasks: 165 total,   1 running, 163 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie