[News] France is Getting Windows Zombies Fatigue (and Microsoft Spreads Lies to Defend Self)

  • Subject: [News] France is Getting Windows Zombies Fatigue (and Microsoft Spreads Lies to Defend Self)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:25:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
France kicks off nationwide spam fight

,----[ Quote ]
| France is ranked as the 10th worst country for generating spam, according to
| The Spamhaus Project, which publishes a list that can be used in e-mail
| servers to block known spamming IP addresses. The U.S. is the worst, followed
| by China, Russia and the U.K.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/100507-france-spam-fight.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Recent:

Microsoft-sponsored security symposium's cause brain damage, claims security
expert

.----
| In a revelation that will come as a surprise to many today, a
| security expert, who wishes to remain anonymous because he doesn't
| exist, claims that attending Microsoft sponsored events, such as
| the recent security symposium at Santa Clara University, can cause
| irreversible brain damage in the attendees, making them inclined to
| spout gibberish.
|
| Dave Cullinane, eBay's chief information and security officer, was
| the first victim to be diagnosed with the debilitating condition,
| by local medical practitioner - Dr. Fraud, and panic quickly
| ensued, causing various attending members of the press to become
| spontaneously affected.
|
| "It's a form of hysteria", said Dr. Fraud whilst scratching his
| testicles. "The pathology of this disease is fascinating, it
| appears to spread orally at first, but subsequently mutates into a
| form that can even travel along electronic pathways."
|
| Meanwhile there are rumours that the FDA and local law enforcement
| officials may be called in, to investigate an allegation that the
| epidemic was started deliberately by an unnamed Microsoft
| employee, a known carrier of the disease, who introduced the viral
| agent by urinating in the wine.
|
| Steve Blamer, Microsoft's CEO, was not available for comment at the
| time of publication.
`----

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22157508-2,00.html

Linux phishing botnet statistics can be deceptive

,----[ Quote ]
| There are some problems with such assumptions based on that statement,
| however:
|
|    1. Each phishing site does not necessarily imply an individual machine...
|    2. A phishing site does not imply the box was rootkitted...
|    3. Phishing botnets that targeted Washington Mutual are by no means the
|       sum total of phishing sites...
|    4. Phishing sites are not the same as botnet nodes. No, really — this is
|       the biggest problem with the obvious assumptions here.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=296

ToorCon ("Firefox security is a mess") sponsored by Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]