Re: [News] Barrier to Linux: Windows-only Education

____/ [H]omer on Friday 05 October 2007 04:03 : \____

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1275200,00.html

>> So Linux is great, but the people that are employees are not. No wonder
>> Linux skills have become so sought-after.
>
> Yeah, who needs to hire a trained professional, when one of the Windows
> monkeys can administer a Linux box using a Windows gooey (God help
> them). Hackers, start your engines!

There's a whole generation of computer professionals (GUI slingers) waiting to
become obsolete. Even Longhorn embraces this realisation that a CLI is needed.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
Mem:    515500k total,   444128k used,    71372k free,     5660k buffers