Re: [New] COLA in Linux Magazine

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 04 October 2007 14:59 : \____

>> Grokking the Goatberg
> [...]
>> We didn't insult him here, did we??? I certainly haven't.
>
> Mossberg is such "essential" reading, and such a "powerful" influence on
> the IT industry, that I didn't even have any idea that he'd written a
> piece on Ubuntu. Frankly, the only time I ever even /hear/ about him, is
> when Jobs recites his praises at the Keynotes, like he was reading from
> the bible. I've always assumed that Mossberg was just some Apple groupie.
>
> WRT the Linux Mag article itself, once again here we have the same old
> tired stereotype of GNU/Linux being too "technical" and for "geeks
> only", whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that maintaining a Windows
> system is at /least/ as difficult, if not more so. Need I elaborate ...
> again? Why do people persist in this hyperbole.

What was said at the time is that 'Computer God' (Mossberg) tends to slam
everything other than Apple and what brought criticism was the fact that he
criticised Ubuntu for not handling an iPo^H^H^H^Hd the way he expected or
wanted.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Open minds, open source
 20:00:03 up 24 days, 18:06,  5 users,  load average: 2.39, 2.27, 1.97