Re: [New] COLA in Linux Magazine

High Plains Thumper wrote:

So, should we be crying foul? Should we be accusing The Goatberg of
FUDMeistery? Write a few thousand lines of foaming at the mouth
invective on comp.os.linux.advocacy and hang Mossberg in effigy?

We didn't insult him here, did we??? I certainly haven't.

FOAM, moi? .. lets try and help the man out ..

"There is no control panel for adjusting the way the touch pad works, and I found it so sensitive that I was constantly launching programs and opening windows accidentally by touching the thing"

"Every time the computer awoke from sleep, the volume control software crashed and had to be reloaded"

"When I tried to play common audio and video files, such as MP3 songs, I was told I had to first download special files called codecs"

"To get the computer to recognize my Kodak camera and Apple iPod, I had to reboot it several times. When it did find the iPod, it wasn’t able to synchronize with it"

"Playing videos was a bad experience, with lots of flickering and freezing"

"Oh, and there’s no built-in software for playing commercial DVDs"

http://www.snipurl.com/site/index
http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20070913/linuxs-free-system-is-now-easier-to-use-but-not-for-everyone/

--

FOAM .. FOAM .. FOAM .. FOAM .. FOAM .. FOAM .. FOAM .. FOAM .. FOAM ...