[News] Linux Schedulers Not Pluggable, But Security Enhancers Are

  • Subject: [News] Linux Schedulers Not Pluggable, But Security Enhancers Are
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:45:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
TOMOYO Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "'TOMOYO Linux' is our work in the field of security enhanced Linux," Kentaro
| Takeda began, describing 15 patches posted to the Linux Kernel mailing list.
| He noted that in an earlier version of the patches posted just prior to the
| recent Kernel summit, TOMOYO Linux's Mandatory Access Control was limited to
| files. In the new patch, he explained, "now TOMOYO Linux has access control
| functionality not only for files but also for networking, signal transmission
| and namespace manipulation and we got the source code cleaned-up."
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/TOMOYO_Linux

Pluggable Schedulers vs. Pluggable Security

,----[ Quote ]
| Regarding the comparison between pluggable schedulers and pluggable security,
| Linus stated:
|
|     "Really - not only is the whole 'desktop scheduler' argument totally
|     bogus to begin with (and only brought up by people who either don't know
|     anything about it, or who just want to argue, regardless of whether the
|     argument is valid or not), quite frankly, when you say that it's
|     the 'same issue' as with security models, you're simply FULL OF SH*T.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Pluggable_Schedulers_vs_Pluggable_Security

Potty mouth again, and a bit of an attack on CK et al.

Related:

CFS scheduler to appear in Linux kernel 2.6.23

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxinsight.com/cfs-scheduler-to-appear-in-linux-kernel-2.6.23.html