[News] [Rival] Windows Botnets and Malware Give Headaches in China and the US

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Botnets and Malware Give Headaches in China and the US
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:28:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
US gov't busts alleged botmaster who attacked antiscam site

,----[ Quote ]
| A 21-year-old California man has been arrested and charged with launching a
| distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack against CastleCops, an online
| forum and Web site that specializes in rooting out Internet scams.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=479360991&rid=-50

Even kids can be the puppeteer of Windows these days. I can recall one who was
only 15.

Malicious code infects Chinese security site

,----[ Quote ]
| The Web site of one of China's Internet security organizations has been laced
| with malicious code.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1484215204&rid=-50

The impact of mail spewage (brtve force):

Yahoo, eBay take steps to block phishing attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| The technology upgrade will be made available to Yahoo Mail users worldwide
| over the next several weeks, the company said.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071004/wr_nm/yahoo_ebay_dc

Related:

Microsoft is the world's biggest cause of zombie remailers

,----[ Quote ]
| In China, it would take about one and one-half years wages (for the
| average Chinese) to buy a legitimate copy of Windows Vista. If you
| could find it here.
|
| Microsoft is the biggest cause of zombie remailers in the world,
| because they make noises, but do not do anything to address the
| real digital inequities in the world.

Pfizer's computers zombied

,----[ Quote ]