Re: COLA in Linux Magazine

____/ cc on Thursday 04 October 2007 11:21 : \____

> On Oct 4, 1:07 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Grokking the Goatberg
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | So, should we be crying foul? Should we be accusing The Goatberg of
>> | FUDMeistery? Write a few thousand lines of foaming at the mouth invective
>> | on comp.os.linux.advocacy and hang Mossberg in effigy?
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linux-mag.com/id/4138
>>
>> We didn't insult him here, did we??? I certainly haven't.
>
> "Still, I think its important to listen to people like Walt Mossberg
> because sometimes its necessary for us geeky types to get in the shoes
> of the end user. When Walt has problems getting his digital camera
> recognized, or syncing up with his iPod, or playing Web-based video
> clips, you can be assured that your average end user probably will
> too. Can the community fix these problems? Absolutely. But unlike the
> rabid Team OS/2 guys of old, let's not take out our frustrations on
> the poor mainstream press when what we really should be doing is
> getting back to the drawing board and making things work."
>
> Complain about Microsoft and Digg every second of the day, or actually
> work on making it better? Hmmm what to do, what to do...

Fair point. I do a bit of both, but you only see one part of it.

As for the article, I glanced at it quickly (usually looking at the first
words/sentence in the paragraphs, then running some find-as-you-type searches
and highlighting keywords.

Apprentice - fancy word for "slave"
Tasks: 149 total,   1 running, 148 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie