Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Squeezes the Goose in the UK and Elsewhere (Desperate for Revenue?)

____/ 7 on Wednesday 03 October 2007 22:03 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> [Bear in mind that Microsoft has admitted that it relies on piracy]
>>
>> Microsoft UK cracks another head over grey software
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Wardell said Microsoft's piracy crackdown in the UK, dubbed "Keep IT
>> | Real," (did they pirate our slogan?) has noticed that grey software is
>> | becoming a serious issue which has a "detrimental effect" on the
>> | channel.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/10/02
> microsoft_uk_nabs_grey_market_software_vendor/
>>
>> Microsoft's 'Get Legal' Program
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft is providing businesses with unlicensed software?and the
>> | partners supporting them?a new option to purchase Windows XP. Yeah,
>> | Windows XP.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems
> microsofts_get_legal_program.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
>>
>> Even Microsoft avoids Vista.
>

> The only way of getting legal and even with micoshaft corporation
> is switch to Open Source and Linux and drop their products
> like a ton of bricks.
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com
> http://www.openoffice.org
>
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> http://www.distrowatch.com

The best site for Microsoft software 'patches'.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Open minds, open source
Mem:    515500k total,   444716k used,    70784k free,     1804k buffers