Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft <strikeout>Produces</strikeout> Devours INNOVA~1 Software

____/ High Plains Thumper on Wednesday 03 October 2007 12:58 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Microsoft acquires shopping comparison tentacle
>
> <SNIP>
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>
>> | Asked about these problems, Arno Edelmann, Microsoft's European
>> | business  security product manager, told ZDNet UK on Thursday that
>> | the code itself has pieces missing.
>> | "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products. It's not
>> | a bad product, but bits and pieces are missing," said Edelmann.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39286351,00.htm
>
> I found these statements interesting:
>
> [quote]
> Security vendor Kaspersky said that it was not acceptable for two Microsoft
> products — such as OneCare and Exchange 2007 — to be incompatible,
> especially as Microsoft has market dominance.
>
> "Microsoft, welcome to our business," said Eugene Kaspersky, the founder of
> the company. "All in all it's a bad thing. It's not acceptable for
> Microsoft products to do that. Microsoft dominates the market. If they do
> that it creates a big noise, many affected people, and happy lawyers."
> [/quote]
>
> Interesting is Microsoft products being incompatible with each other.
> There is a simple solution to the problem.  Install Linux, ensure security
> policies are adhered to, have fun.

Vista and Zune were also incompatible. The same goes for SQL Server. Then
again, Vista and MSO07 are embarrassments. Longhorn (Server 2008) will be the
next flop. Wait and watch.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"