Re: Who's this Erik FunkenBush guy?

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 03 October 2007 02:56 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx spake thusly:
>> On Oct 2, 7:43 am, Borked Pseudo Mailed <nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>
>>> I don't know about you guys but I have a hunch he SUCKS <snip>
>
>> IMO Linux advocacy would be better if we left the vulgarities to the
>> wintrolls.
>
> Or better yet, if /everyone/ left their vulgarities at the door on the
> way in.
>
> At the risk of perpetuating a thread that should be stillborn...
>
> It continues to amaze me how Erik somehow manages to provoke such
> belligerent reactions. I disagree with probably 80% of everything he
> writes, but I can't say he's ever made me angry enough to attack him
> with sexual innuendo. There was that Nigerian children thing but ...
>
> Make no mistake, he /is/ devious, but generally he isn't debase.
>
> Sometimes I assume that his strange assertions about GNU/Linux are just
> based on ignorance, but given how long he's been around, I find it
> easier to believe he just has a selective memory and/or is being
> manipulative.
>
>> They certainly don't hesitate to stoop to any tactic
>
> Most of the regular Trolls aren't usually vulgar though, it's mainly the
> likes of the mysterious nyms (probably 99% of whom are actually Gary)
> who stoop to such levels. In fact I haven't really seen much in the way
> of regular vulgarity since the days of K-man.
>
>> including posting claims that certain linux advocates are convicted
>> child molesters.
>
> I didn't see that one, unless you're referring to whoever it was that
> was harassing Mark about his kid.
>
>> I'd say let them take the opprobrium for their dirty tactics.
>
> "If yet not lost to all the sense of shame" - Homer's Ilyad.

Most of the trolls remain anonymous, which enables them to get more vulgar,
which they are. I haven't seen the Hadron Quark troll quotes in replies for a
while, so either people learned to ignore him or he just realised that
dedicating his time to harassment and provocation isn't worthy a cause.

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")
Tasks: 159 total,   1 running, 157 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie