[News] U.S. Department of Energy Keeps Selecting GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] U.S. Department of Energy Keeps Selecting GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 01:01:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
U.S. Department of Energy Selects Voltaire Grid Backbone(TM) Solutions for 438
TeraFLOP High Performance Computing Clusters

,----[ Quote ]
| TLCC07 will consist of eight Linux capacity clusters with up to 438 teraFLOPs
| from 21 Scalable Units (SU) and will be used principally to provide needed
| computational support to NNSA...
|
| [...]
|
| "This approach will lower by 30-50% our TCO for fielding a large number of
| Linux clusters for the Tri-Laboratory community,"said Mark Seager, Advanced
| Computing Technology lead for LLNL.
`----

http://www.ad-hoc-news.de/Aktie/12717724/News/13535366/TOTAL.html

Related and recent:

Herndon firm wins IT work from Energy Department

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2007/09/24/daily12.html