Re: [News] Funny Article Advocating Linux

____/ Jim Richardson on Tuesday 02 October 2007 05:57 : \____

> On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 03:06:43 +0100,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ____/ Jim Richardson on Tuesday 02 October 2007 00:14 : \____
>>
>>> No, you're failing to grasp that this is all about Roy's contention that
>>> Linpire locks in it's users.
>>
>> I neither said this nor did I contend. Now, that's just a case of bending
>> the whole discussion.
>>
>> Linspire assists Microsoft's attempts to lock in users.
>>

> How? by offering a way for former windows users to extract their data
> and save it in open formats?

Office 2007 wasn't even out yet when the Novell deal was signed. Microsoft was
required to (and reluctantly prepared to) implement ODF support for Microsoft
Office.  Instead, it bribed companies to get the upper arm.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Disclaimer: no SCO code used to generate this post