Re: .NET on Linux -- "Yay!" or "Yay [Sarcasm /]"?

On Oct 1, 7:59 pm, "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" <jaba...@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Oct 1, 4:45 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hotskills: Mono lets .net developers run applications on Linux
>
> I have to say that with .NET 3.0 Microsoft has dropped a bombshell.
>
> Among the goodies:
>
> Fast easy way to set up RMI applications
> Fast easy way to build Rich Clients
> Fast easy way to script UI
>
> yes, Linux/OSS/Trolltech/GNOME had these things for years, but pulling
> it altogether into developers workstation, platforming on existing
> substrate APIs -- well, my experience with trying to get simple java
> listeners built and working shows that MS is doing something right.
>
> I only hope that mono can follow and give Linux that same ease of use.
>
> Best bet: MS ports its toolkits to Linux/Suse/Novell.

3.5 is even better....  Along with WPF, WF, and WCF - you get LINQ,
the new Entity Framework (LINQ to Entity) as well as several new
features to the C# language - extension methods, anonymous types, and
lambda expressions chief among these....

--
Tom Shelton