[News] Latest Progress Reports from KDE, GIMP, Ubuntu Teams

  • Subject: [News] Latest Progress Reports from KDE, GIMP, Ubuntu Teams
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:37:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue59

,----[ Quote ]
| Florida Loco Team Is Approved
|
| By showing strong membership, advocacy, community involvement and charitable
| donations, the Florida Loco Team is the newest approved Ubuntu Loco Team.
| Active in Community Expo's, Software Freedom Day events, Bar Camp and Bar
| Camp Orlando, this team exemplifies the best of Ubuntu.
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue59

Liquid rescale feature now available as a GIMP plugin

,----[ Quote ]
| One month back I had written about a content aware image rescaling
| technology. And I hoped that this technology will be incorporated in Gimp in
| the future. Well we didn't have to wait that long.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/09/liquid-rescale-feature-now-available-as.html

KDE Commit Digest Issue 78

,----[ Quote ]
| Beginnings of a list view, and an applet browser integrated into Plasma.
| Optimisations in Konqueror. More work, including image practice support in
| Parley.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-09-30/

Related:

KDE 4: first hints of the kicker replacement

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m looking forward to see the new working system bar - and I’m especially
| looking forward to the possibilities of dragging&dropping of Plasmoids
| between the desktop and the system bar. Also I do really hope that the new
| base for the system bar is now flexible enough so that other developers can
| develop their own in the future!
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/08/27/kde-4-first-hints-of-the-kicker-replacement/

Why KDE 4 Matters

,----[ Quote ]
| This is also why Gnome is just now starting to talk about their long term
| future, since they've been stuck in the incremental stuff for a while and I'm
| getting the feeling that some of them feel trapped in the cycle.
`----

http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/5647.html

KDE4 is Very Attractive

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 will be a big step towards an enterprise software business based on free
| software. The software on the big servers is there already, the desktop is
| next. - kdedevelopers blogs
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/08/01/kde4-is-very-attractive/

Gimp 2.3 (preview of 2.4)

,----[ Quote ]
| The major change for this release seems to be a big usability
| overhaul. New defaults are now in place that make the Gimp look
| a little bit like Photoshop, but still has many features that
| make it unique.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/06/08/gimp-23-preview-of-24/

Gimp 2.4 RC Released