Re: [News] Thai Company Unveils New Linux-based Thin Client (Just 40 Quid!)

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> World's lowest cost Linux thin client?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Bangkok-based Norhtec has unveiled a sub-$85 mini-PC
>
> The way things are going, it'll soon be cheaper to buy a PC than a
> packet of /fags/. Mind you, the rate at which the price of /those/
> buggers are going up, it'll soon be cheaper to buy a /car/.

Argos were advertising a DVD player, with remote, mains lead and moulded
plug, for 14 quid last week.  Even the batteries in the remote must cost
at least a couple of quid to replace.

This is going on against a backdrop of increasing commodity prices.
Soon, it really is likely to be less expensive to buy a TV every week
than your food and fuel.