[News] [Rival] TGDaily Slams Windows Vista for User Unfriendliness

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] TGDaily Slams Windows Vista for User Unfriendliness
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:04:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista is the most un-user friendly operating system

,----[ Quote ]
| Opinion - I'll make this short and sweet because I know this subject has
| flame war earmarks.  Recently, I bought a Vista powered notebook.  Leaving
| aside the fact that I have to constantly click through "Vista needs your
| permission to continue" prompts whenever I try to do most anything, even when
| I go to look at the properties of my own network connections (not change
| them), there are significant design flaws with Vista, at least from a user's
| point of view.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/34424/128/

Related:

Vista Irritations

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this Slashdot article, copying, moving and deleting
| files is slower under Vista. At least now I know why extracting a
| compressed file under Vista is like watching paint dry/grass grow
| (I've only tried using Winzip 11).
|
| [...]
|
| Now we name our directory and it?s done right? Not quite, because
| after typing your directory name and pressing enter, it's time
| for yet more prompts...
`----

http://harrisben.wordpress.com/2007/03/29/vista-irritations/

Vista: Slow and Dangerous

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of the time I spent testing Vista was with sluggish pre-release
| versions. I expected things to improve when I ran the finished software
| on PCs configured for the new Windows version. I now realize that
| Vista really is slow unless you throw a lot of hardware at it.
| Microsoft claims it will run with 512 megabytes of memory. I had
| recommended a minimum of a gigabyte, but 2 GB is more like it if
| you want snappy performance.
|
| [...]
|
| The most exasperating thing about Vista, though, is the security
| feature called User Account Control. UAC, satirized in an Apple
| ad as a security guy who constantly interrupts a conversation,
| appears as a pop-up asking permission before Windows...
`----

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/BusinessWeek/2007/03/26/3124001

Copying files across LAN with Vista is deathly slow

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/99609816/m/109009593831

Copying files across LAN with Vista is deathly slow

,----[ Quote ]
| Copying files from my XP video capture pc to my Vista pc is 3 times
| slower than copying from my XP video capture PC to my old XP PC.
`----

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/99609816/m/109009593831

The copy process may stop responding when you try to copy files from a server
on a network to a Windows Vista-based computer

,----[ Quote ]
| On a Windows Vista-based computer, when you try to copy files from a
| server on a network, the copy process may stop responding (hang), and
| you may receive a message that resembles the following:
|
| Calculating Time Remaining
|
| 0 minutes remaining

Your expense = my revenue

,----[ Quote ]
| "Windows is a money making machine for everyone involved" - but
| describing it as really a kind of work for welfare scheme in which
| everyone wins -except the customer to whom it's a cost, and the
| national economy for which it's a productivity sink.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=803

Analyst slams Vista's 'backward' UI

,----[ Quote ]