[News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Closer to Infringing on Copyrights

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Closer to Infringing on Copyrights
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:07:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Pump-and-dump scammers debut MP3 spam

,----[ Quote ]
| Stock spammers have abandoned PDF files and image spam with a new campaign
| featuring MP3 files.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/18/mp3_stock_spam/

Massive MP3 spam outbreak from stock pumpers

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14934/1054/

Related:

The end of Windows, or a security expert gives up

,----[ Quote ]
| And then go and warn others to do the same. Windows is defeated - its days
| are over. It carries the worm inside. So whatever will happen next: RIP,
| Windows.
`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=456

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
|                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
|                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| the BBC reports.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

Gathering 'Storm' Superworm Poses Grave Threat to PC Nets

,----[ Quote ]
| Although it's most commonly called a worm, Storm is really more: a worm, a
| Trojan horse and a bot all rolled into one. It's also the most successful
| example we have of a new breed of worm, and I've seen estimates that between
| 1 million and 50 million computers have been infected worldwide.
`----

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2007/10/securitymatters_1004

Security expert: Storm botnet 'services' could be sold

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6213781.html