[News] A Look at Ubuntu's New Siblings and Ubuntu Gutsy Reviews

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Ubuntu's New Siblings and Ubuntu Gutsy Reviews
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:47:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What's New in the Other 'Buntus

| A new version release for Ubuntu can feel like a Linux version of a
| dysfunctional family reunion for some users—they watch the oldest, most
| popular sibling get all the attention, wondering when their own unique
| qualities will get noticed. Sure, it might not be that emotional, but those
| who prefer the KDE-based Kubuntu, the lightweight Xubuntu or even the
| classroom-focused Edubuntu might still feel a bit left out.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/software/linux/whats-new-in-the-other-buntus-312191.php

Screenshots of the latest KDE

KDE 4 rev 726625

http://www.jarzebski.pl/read/kde-4-rev-726625.so

Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon: Critical review

| In short: it did not disappoint me. The new Ubuntu is more polished, more
| professional and in general, better than the previous one, which was already
| a great OS.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/ubuntu/ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon-critical-review/

Review: Ubuntu 7.10

| Curious to know about Gutsy Gibbon? A list of improvements of Ubuntu 7.10 is
| already available in its official website. So, I am not going to duplicate
| those stuff and will try to tell you about my personal experience with Gutsy
| Gibbon.
`----

http://opencheese.com/2007/10/18/review-ubuntu-710/

Related:

Review: Ubuntu's New 'Gutsy Gibbon' Brings Linux Out of the Jungle

,----[ Quote ]
| If you've been considering making the switch from Windows or Mac, Ubuntu
| makes the process painless.
`----

http://www.wired.com/software/softwarereviews/news/2007/10/ubuntu_gutsy

Ubuntu 7.10 has been released!

,----[ Quote ]
| After the mirroring process is finished, I strongly advise you to download
| Ubuntu 7.10 from the mirrors close to your location, because the ubuntu.com
| servers will be under heavy stress today.
`----

http://www.bubub.org/blog/download-ubuntu-710/

Dell to ship Ubuntu 7.10 on desktops and laptops

,----[ Quote ]