[News] A Close Look at Motorola's New Linux Platform

  • Subject: [News] A Close Look at Motorola's New Linux Platform
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:43:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Video: Motorola's new MOTOMAGX platform with 3rd-party apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola introduces the MOTOMAGX Linux mobile platform, supporting Java, Web
| 2.0 and Linux applications from 3rd-party developers - check out our video
| and photos.
|
| [...]
|
| The first products based on the MOTOMAGX platform are the music-optimized
| ROKR Z6, RAZR2 V8 and the recently announced MOTO U9 handsets. The RAZR2 V8
| on T-Mobile is the first Linux handset to ship in the North American market.
`----

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/8457.html

Related:

Mot's Linux phones to gain native Linux SDK

| Trolltech will supply an SDK (software development kit) for native
| application development on Motorola's Linux-based phones, and Motorola will
| promote and distribute the SDK at no cost, the companies said.

Motorola sees Linux as its mobile mainstay

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070808/tc_infoworld/90862