[News] Ubuntu 7.10 (Final) Released to Mirrors, Dell to Preinstall It

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 7.10 (Final) Released to Mirrors, Dell to Preinstall It
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:33:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 7.10 has been released!

,----[ Quote ]
| After the mirroring process is finished, I strongly advise you to download
| Ubuntu 7.10 from the mirrors close to your location, because the ubuntu.com
| servers will be under heavy stress today.
`----

http://www.bubub.org/blog/download-ubuntu-710/

Dell to ship Ubuntu 7.10 on desktops and laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.10 arrives Oct. 18, and not long after that Dell will start shipping
| that version of the Ubuntu Linux desktop on its laptops and desktops.

The Next Leap for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| LINUX runs the Google servers that manage billions of searches each day. It
| also runs the TiVo digital video recorder, the Motorola Razr cellphone and
| countless other electronic devices.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/04/technology/circuits/04basics.html?ex=1349150400&en=f1e147767abb91ac&ei=5124&partner=digg&exprod=digg

Ubuntu Plans Eye Candy for Desktop Computers and Beyond

,----[ Quote ]
| What would it take to get the hundreds of millions of desktop computer users
| to switch from Windows to Linux?
|
| Low cost and armies of devoted techies have not been enough. So the people
| behind Ubuntu—a dialect of Linux— have a new idea: eye candy.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/16/ubuntu-plans-eye-candy-for-desktop-computers-and-beyond/

Ubuntu gets gutsy

,----[ Quote ]