Re: [News] Novel hypocritically sues Microsoft over "exclusionary" deals

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 17 October 2007 19:37 : \____

> Exclusionary Agreement Grievance Gets Airing in Novell-Microsoft Suit
>
> .----
> |    One of the biggest gripes the FOSS community has with respect to
> | Microsoft's business tactics is that its longstanding exclusionary
> | agreements with hardware vendors has stifled genuine competition.
> | This is the very issue of one of two claims Novell will be allowed
> | to press against Microsoft in their anti-trust lawsuit.
> `----
>
> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=94179
>
> Is this anything like the "exclusionary" Patent Protection Racket that
> Novell so eagerly signed up to.
>
> I'm all for suing Microsoft, God knows they deserve all the flack they
> get, but this is gross hypocrisy at its worst.

Yes, isn't that ironic? I spotted this earlier and wondered the same thing.
Novell and Microsoft also engaged in something that's similar to the
Microsoft-BestBuy case where mafia tactics are claimed by the press (some just
call it "racketeering"). Novell and Microsoft go collecting kneecap money
(customers) while scaring everyone that 'dares' to compete against them
(businesses).

It wasn't until recently that more evidence of the quiet threats became
apparent (business extortions that are completely secret).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
 20:00:01 up 1 day,  4:45,  3 users,  load average: 1.27, 1.17, 1.42