[News] [Rival] Self Nuke: Automatic Update Leads to Office 2007 and Windows Vista Problems

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Self Nuke: Automatic Update Leads to Office 2007 and Windows Vista Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:29:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
You may experience several problems after you install an automatic update for
Word 2007 on a Windows Vista-based computer

,----[ Quote ]
| This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure
| that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know
| how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about
| how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article
| number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base...
`----

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791/

Microsoft Updates Crash Vista Users !

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft does again, but this time it is Vista users that takes the hit.
| These are the 1st three error's we see when Vista is booting up. After this
| is another 7 errors, stating Yahoo IM, our firewall, One Care & many other
| programs failed to start.
`----

http://os9user.blogspot.com/2007/10/microsoft-updates-crash-vista-users.html

Over 5000+ Users Complain To Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Okay, bad news 1st , I have confirmed that Microsoft had received over 5000
| complaints about Vista updates rebooting their system or causing something
| strange to happen. Microsoft is being very tight lip'd about this !
`----

http://os9user.blogspot.com/2007/10/over-5000-users-complain-to-microsoft.html

Intervention-free.

Related:

Default  What To Do When Updates and Vista Don't Mix and Generate Errors

,----[ Quote ]
|  obsolete due to Windows Update. But at the same time, Windows Update is by
|  no means a foolproof system. In fact, Microsoft indicated that under some
|  circumstances, updates delivered via the service and Windows Vista will not
|  mix, and generate a variety of issues.
`----

http://www.errorforum.com/microsoft-windows-vista-error/26503-what-do-when-updates-vista-dont-mix-generate-errors.html#32650

Windows Update update screws updating

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this year, Microsoft pushed out what is being termed a 'stealth
| update' to Windows Update. Normally, users are asked via the Update system
| what new patches, security fixes and the like to install and are prompted to
| install and reboot. However, this fix - which was to the Update system
| itself - was a stealth push from Microsoft, and installed under the radar.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/01/windows-update-update-screws

Coincidence? WGA Failures Followed Windows Update 381

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/coincidence_wga_failures_followed_windows_update_381.html