Re: Gays and Linux?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:31:43 -0700, Attila wrote
(in article <ff4a8i$4l8$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

>  roys.testicles@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Does Linux attract left winger gay people?
>> I'm asking here because I seem to be running into a fair number of gay
>> people who are Linux supporters.
>>
>> Look at schestowitz.com for example?
>> Is this guy gay or what?
>> His picture just says "I'm gay"....
>>
>> Possibly he is not, but personally I would hide the little boys if I
>> were you.
>> Of course I don't know for certain and am only voicing my opinion, but
>> look at the site for yourself and judge.

> Is there a problem with anyone being gay or not gay? If you are not looking
> for a sexual partner is there any reason why someone's sexual orientation
> is of the slightest interest? Am I missing something here?
> Attila

You are missing the difference between "politically correct" behavior in
public and how people REALLY feel about homosexuality. It seems that peer
pressure and propaganda can make people publicly tolerate gays and gay
behavior. But behind closed doors, most people continue to make fun of gay
people and tell "fag jokes", and I know of no straight man who is not
repulsed, sickened and disgusted at the very idea of what gay men do to one
another.  This feeling of profound revulsion is not a prejudice, it goes to
the very core of human sexuality which has universally evolved to favor
sexual practices that foster procreation. This is true in all species that
reproduce sexually, and in fact is one of the fundamental forces that drives
evolution. A species exists to reproduce. It adapts to changing environments
so that it can continue to reproduce and propagate the species. Homosexual
orientation is an evolutionary dead-end and human sexual attitudes select
against it.

Gay people are fighting for acceptance in the world. They want to not only
have their sexual orientation accepted by the public at large as a normal,
alternative lifestyle, but they want to have the right to same-sex marriage
as well. They are slowly obtaining the trappings of acceptance not
understanding that they never will get REAL acceptance itself. Many don't
understand that without true acceptance, the trappings can be revoked at any
time. IOW, they may get gay marriage in most or maybe even all states in the
USA, but all that has to happen is for a certain kind of "moral backlash" to
take over the culture, and they'll find themselves back in the closet. This
is unfortunate, but it's a fact of the human condition. Homosexuality is not
like skin color or nationality where after several decades of forced
tolerance, the population finds out that these differences are trivial and
really do make no difference. This is a case where the differences between
the activities of gays vs straights actually makes the majority population
feel repulsed. It's a feeling that is NEVER going to go away, so the best
that gays can hope for is tolerance and that the acceptance that they so
badly want is not forthcoming. The best that they can hope for is "lip
service" to that acceptance.

In other words, as a "politically correct" citizen, I can tolerate and even
respect gay people as human beings. I can respect their talent,
accomplishments, and personalities right up to the point where their sexual
orientation enters the picture. At that point, I, and most other people,
cease to be able identify, sympathize or commiserate with them or to tolerate
them or their sexual practices. It's just fundamental human nature and it
cannot be changed any more than mankind can change other basic human natures
such as fear in the face of danger, or pain when we are injured. We can train
ourselves and others to ignore these feelings and to perform in spite of
them, but we cannot eliminate them.

As Clyde would say: "Cuss and discuss!"

--
Life's a bitch. Don't make it worse by electing one President