[News] Microsoft is Most Scared of Linux

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft is Most Scared of Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:02:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MS admits: Linux biggest threat to Winblows

,----[ Quote ]
| Here we have it! Finally Microsoft admits that Linux is the biggest threat to
| its Windows operating system! Well, almost…just not that directly.
`----

https://blog.startcom.org/?p=45

Related:

Microsoft's in the hen house

,----[ Quote ]
| Think about this.  If someone comes up to a major Linux site and sees it
| smeared with Microsoft ads saying how bad Linux is, do you think they'll give
| Linux a second thought?  Not at all.  If they do though, the chances are
| about 5% at best.  Honestly, that's sad.
|
| [...]
|
| If we're going to get Linux into the mainstream, and if we're truly ever
| going to have our beloved "Year of the Linux desktop", we either need to stop
| lying around and start advertising,  marketing, and promoting Linux and Open
| Source, or we may as well just pack our bags and go home.  Because without
| good marketing, we'll never win.  Ever.  Period.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=306

Microsoft Would Love to Hate Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's biggest problem is that they can't stop open source because they
| can't buy it or force it out of business. This is why Microsoft don't detail
| possible patent infringements because if they did the community would either
| invalidate the patents with evidence of prior art or change the offending
| applications to circumvent the patent. After what happened to SCO the last
| thing Microsoft wants is to declare war on the open source community.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10005747o-2000460739b,00.htm

InformationWeek.com falsifies Linus Torvalds quote

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=informationweek_com_falsifies_linus_torv&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

,----[ Quote ]
| Working behind the scenes to orchestrate “independent” praise of our
| [Microsoft] technology is a key evangelism function. “Independent” analysts’
| reports should be issued, praising your technology and damning the
| competitors (or ignoring them). “Independent consultants should write
| articles, give conference presentations, moderate stacked panels on our
| behalf, and set themselves up as experts in the new technology, available for
| just $200/hour. “Independent” academic sources should be cultivated and
| quoted (and granted research money).
`----

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf

Microsoft's 'Get The Facts' Linux Site Replaced

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsofts_Get_The_Facts_Linux_Site_Replaced/1187900795#c945286

,----[ Quotes with annotation ]
| "(Microsoft manager:) I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on TCO on webservers. I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on availability (windows was down more than linux). And I don't like the
| fact that the reports says nothing new is coming with windows .net server."
|
| [...]
|
| "I don't like it to be public on the doc that we sponsored it because I
| don't think the outcome is as favorable as we had hoped. I just don't like
| competitors using it as ammo against us. It is easier if it doesn't mention
| that we sponsored it."
`----

http://slated.antitrust.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/9000/PX09695.pdf

Microsoft Unveils New Linux Hate Site

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ivirtuaforums.com/microsoft-unveils-new-linux-hate-site-t10783.html

,----[ Quote ]
| From w-carrin Mon Oct 15 12:18:05 1990
| To: bradsi
| Subject: Getting the word out about DR DOS
| Cc: kathrynh; russw
| Date: Mon Oct 15 12:09:08 1990
|
| Concerns have been raised that DR-DOS incompatibilities and flaws are
| being overlooked by reviewers.
|
| ..
|
| We recommend that we informally plant the bug of FUD in their ears.
| "Have you heard about problems with DR DOS?"
|
| "That security feature is a neat idea and, gosh, such a feature would be
| great, but it's just too easily circumvented"
|
| "Gee, it's unfortunate that DR DOS can't be loaded high all the time.
| MS-DOS 5.0 can" We'll do this very tactfully.
|
| ..
|
| The security features may lead someone to a false sense of security and
| someone may break into their payroll.
|
| ..
|
| * If Digital Research can to Microsoft for help in making DR DOS work
| with Windows, would Microsoft help them? Maybe not?
`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/010807/PLEX_0425.pdf

Microsoft launch campaign worthy of a politician in it's vagueness

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxscorecard.blogspot.com/2007/09/this-blog-will-spring-back-to-life.html