[News] [Rival] Dell and Microsoft Have a 'Chat' About Problems, Fraud at Microsoft's Communication Server Pals

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Dell and Microsoft Have a 'Chat' About Problems, Fraud at Microsoft's Communication Server Pals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:41:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ballmer and Dell address missteps, opportunities

,----[ Quote ]
| Ballmer addressed questions about complaints over the initial release of
| Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system, competition from Google Inc.
|
| [...]
|
| Ballmer agreed that when Microsoft launched Vista for businesses in late
| 2006, "there were fewer devices ready" to handle the platform.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-dell-ceos-discuss-missteps/story.aspx?guid=%7BC28461D1%2DA43F%2D4F29%2D9928%2DB4C20880E093%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/3yobbv

Nortel pays $35m to end fraud probe

,----[ Quote ]
| Nortel has agreed to pay $35m in damages to shareholders hurt by the
| company's fraudulent accounting practises.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/15/bobbear_joe_job/

Paying money to escape the crime. Just like the pals at Microsoft.

Related:

Microsoft Lawyer Fees Focus in Iowa

| Microsoft settled the Iowa case for $179.95 million in April.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070831/ia_microsoft_lawyer_fees.html?.v=1

Ecuador Tax Agency Closes Microsoft Branch Offices For 7 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have twice requested balances, payment reports and complete tax
| information, but the company hasn't given it to us, so in accordance with our
| laws we have proceeded with the closure," the SRI official in charge of the
| proceeding said.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200710041610DOWJONESDJONLINE000810_FORTUNE5.htm

Microsoft Office raid in Hungary