Re: The libspf/libsrs vs. libspf2/libsrs2 controversy

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 17 October 2007 00:46 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Robert M. Stockmann spake thusly:
>
>> So today anti-spam efforts go as far as to reject email because the
>> sending email server is using a "consumer_broadband_machine"
>> ip-number. If that is all what anti-spam is about, then the true
>> agenda of anti-spam guru's has been exposed : Make email a costly
>> service, censure certain people's email from the internet using misty
>> anti-spam rules, and in the end allow the old phart rulers to take
>> over the Internet, go back to pre-Internet ages and resume business
>> as usual.
>
> It is highly irritating when you find yourself on a blocklist, but your
> anger is misdirected. First, it is not /you/ personally who has been
> added to the blocklist, but your ISP's MX server, since presumably there
> /is/ a spammer either using that server to directly transmit spam, or
> relaying it through an open proxy. Either way, it is /right/ that this
> server should be blocked, until the offending zombie and/or spammer is
> kicked off. The rest of the world should not have to suffer spam just
> because one ISP can't control its network.

It's almost like blaming only a mother for her crying baby. Remember that
controlling Windows zombie can be hard when 1 in 4 Windows PCs is already
compromised, so it's a matter of a criminal's will, not the actual
vulnerability of a PC (there's usually a zero-day floating around anyway, so
merely any Windows PC is up for grabs at any moment).

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison, Stalin.
Thanks for tuning in.