[News] Lots More Software is Coming to Linux

  • Subject: [News] Lots More Software is Coming to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:18:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Aqua Data Studio 6.5 released for Linux

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10121.html

Symark Software’s PowerBroker 5.0 Selected as ''Hot Pick'' by Information
Security Magazine

“Because many organizations continue to run mission-critical programs on Linux
and UNIX systems, the ability for IT administrators to assign root-level
privileges based on role is critical,” said Robert H. Farber, chief operating
officer at Symark Software.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071015005272&newsLang=en

Quest Software and PassGo Technologies Forge OEM Agreement to Offer Identity
Management Products for Unix Systems

Quest Privilege Manager for Unix provides fine-grained delegation of root
authorization for Unix and Linux systems.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071015005241&newsLang=en

Bomgar Pushes New Flavors of Remote Support

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3705311

The KACE Case For Hardware in Systems Management

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3705301

Related:

It's all about apps.

Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the
| credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth?
|
| Applications.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9791171-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Open Source for Business: Now More Than Ever, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| No App Scarcity
|
| The growth of open source applications in the business workplace, at least to
| some degree, is the result of a large inventory of program choices. There is
| no shortage of business-ready, open source applications.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/AnlwA2CkSEcsh5/Open-Source-for-Business-Now-More-Than-Ever-Part-1.xhtml

IBM Achieves Major "Linux on POWER" Milestone

,----[ Quote ]
| The number of tested, native applications available for the Linux on
| POWER platform has grown more than 200 percent in the last two years,
| marking it as a fast-developing new IT ecosystem.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061201/0190250.html

Study: Developers Favor Linux

,----[ Quote ]