[News] [Rival] Microsoft Gets the "Cancer" it Wished for

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gets the "Cancer" it Wished for
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:07:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OSI approves Microsoft licenses

,----[ Quote ]
| For now though it’s all eyes on Microsoft to see what the company will do
| next, and in many ways this will be more interesting than whether or not the
| OSI approved the licenses. For reasons that were never fully explained,
| Microsoft wanted open source licenses.
|
| Now that it’s got them, will it use them to release significant code to the
| community?
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2007/10/16/osi-approves-microsoft-licenses/

Great. So Microsoft /did/ get "cancer" at the end.

It wasn't long ago that Ballmer talked about his plot to hijack open source
away from Linux. OSI shoots itself in the foot again. Many of these projects
are tied to Sharepoint or SQL server or whatever proprietary $tack is
necessary for these arbitrary blocks of code to run.

Related:

My resolve to treat Microsoft like any another license submitter is being
sorely tested.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opensource.org/node/192