[News] Microsoft Fell Behind Open Source, Say Experts

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Fell Behind Open Source, Say Experts
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:41:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source consultant and developer Jeff Waugh believes the market is
| beginning to recognize Microsoft's behavior when it's on the back foot. This
| move, he says, is just another sign.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/101107-consultant-microsoft-responds-to-open.html

VMware: New king of the data centre?

,----[ Quote ]
| As VMware pushes the hypervisor to supplant the operating system, Microsoft
| is stuck playing catch-up.
|
| Usually the bully kicks sand in the little guy's face, but VMware is
| switching that story. In a speech at LinuxWorld in August, VMware chief
| scientist Mendel Rosenblum talked up application-specific operating systems
| provided by ISVs that would run on a hypervisor--no general-purpose OS
| needed. You can bet Microsoft took notice.
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/63085,vmware-new-king-of-the-data-centre.aspx

Related:

Microsoft Plays Catch-Up

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo! announced a $680 million deal to acquire the 80% of Right Media
| that it didn't already own. This follows Google's (Nasdaq: GOOG) larger
| $3.1 billion deal to acquire DoubleClick, a company that Microsoft was
| originally reported to have been going after.
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2007/05/01/microsoft-plays-catch-up.aspx

Who needs Windows Home Server with Linux around?

,----[ Quote ]