[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Afraid of the German Market, EU 'Spanks' Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Afraid of the German Market, EU 'Spanks' Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 05:46:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Germany remains no-go area for Microsoft's Zune

,----[ Quote ]
| "The German market for MP3 players is one of the most difficult on the
| planet", Stephan Brechtmann said, putting Microsoft's challenge with
| marketing the Zune in Germany in a nutshell. Brechtmann, who is responsible
| for "entertainment & devices" at Microsoft Germany, announced that the vendor
| won't compete against Apple's iPod in the near future.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/97377/from/rss09

Rugman and Moore . Microsoft's world isn't flat

,----[ Quote ]
| While the United States has somewhat similar anti-trust provisions, the
| application of these is more business friendly than in Europe. U.S.
| anti-trust aims to help consumers, whereas EU law helps competitors.
| Microsoft was able to settle its anti-trust case with the Bush
| administration, but it failed to do so with the EU. The regulatory climate in
| Europe is harsher than in North America.
`----

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/opinion/story.html?id=81789028-7208-4f9e-aaaa-e418a1c41bd4

Related:

Zune tops million mark, again

,----[ Quote ]
| After the false alarm back in May, yesterday's announcement that Microsoft
| has now officially reached their goal of one million Zunes sold (or is that
| shipped?) had about as much fanfare as a fart in a bathtub.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747850-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

Is that 1 Million Zunes Shipped or Sold?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/games_consumer/is_that_1_million_shipped_or_sold.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535