Re: [News] [Rival] Windows based US Commerce Bank hacked - data stolen

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 11 October 2007 21:12 : \____

> ######
> 12.167.75.17   Windows Server 2003   Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>
> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=commercebank.com
> ######

Geez! Another bank? Don't they learn? That's like the third major one in the
past couple of months (at least among those that get a lot of press). All of
them Windows.... Bank of India moved from Linux to Windows and Voila!
Delivered malware to all the customers and suffered total compromise.

ATMs are another scary case:

Pictures of ATM Machine Running Windows XP Crashing

,----[ Quote ]
| The other day I pulled up to an ATM and it was in the middle of crashing and
| so I was able to shoot these pics during the crash and reboot. The ATM never
| did come up fully so I was unable to get some cash.
`----

http://www.socialdailynews.com/2007/09/pictures-of-atm-machine-running-windows-xp-crashing/

ATM using un-activated Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, so lets be realistic for a moment here, first off, is 'Hackers Best
| Friend" MS Windows really the optimal choice for an operating system that
| spits out cash?
`----

http://www.itdrive.com/articles/177/1/ATM-using-un-activated-Windows/Page1.html

ATM with Pirated Windows [with photos]

,----[ Quote ]
| In Russian you can sometimes meet pirated copy of Windows even
| on ATM. It warns that this copy of Windows need activation and
| the work of ATM gets interrupted.
`----

http://englishrussia.com/?p=981#more-981

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo06091944fe5.jpg

Ribbon-type shortcuts in Palm handhelds leads to SMS talk. We must we
abbreviate?
Cpu(s): 23.5%us,  3.9%sy,  1.0%ni, 67.3%id,  3.9%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st